This weeks meal plan has two vegetarian nights! Shhh - don't tell my significant other. He is always teasing me about serving vegetarian meals. "Why are you trying to keep me healthy?" Very funny - right? I just want to be able to enjoy a long, healthy life together. Ok - enough of the mushy stuff, let's get to it.
1) Roast Beef - what I love about making a roast beef is that you can cook it on the weekend, slice it up and then simply reheat it for dinner. Add two veggie side dishes & a salad. Not only does double veggies mean your eating healthier but you are also reducing carb intake. I would make green beans and zucchini. Or maybe sauteed onions, peppers & mushrooms to smother the roast beef with green beans on the side.
Click here for the recipe All American Roast Beef found on allrecipes.
2) Stuffed Shells come together quickly and are easy to reheat. Plus, leftovers can be lunch!! Which helps save time & helps you avoid the office cafeteria or a fast food option. Click here for Vegetarian Stuffed Shells recipe which combines zucchini and roasted veggies into the stuffed shells for a twist on just plain cheese.
3) Roasted veggie rice bowl. I was shocked when my significant other and I stopped at a local bar on vacation for a bite to eat and he ordered a chicken bowl. He loved it! So now I am trying to get him to eat veggie bowls. Click here for the recipe Roasted Rainbow Vegetable bowl which is ready in 30 minutes!
4) Shrimp scampi over linguini. Frozen shrimp is a lifesaver! Run it under cool water while the linguine is cooking and it only takes a few minutes to cook. Click here for the recipe Shrimp Scampi with Linguini from all recipes.
5) Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and sun dried tomatoes. You may think this is a difficult recipe to get together quickly for dinner. Look for thin chicken cutlets at the grocery store which means you don't have to pound out the chicken breast to make it thin to stuff and roll. Click here for the recipe Sundried tomato, spinach and cheese stuffed chicken. Also, if you are watching calories, I would skip the cheese. The sundried tomatoes and spinach lend enough flavor.
Remember, if you try any of the above, please let me know how it went! Follow my blog on Bloglovin.