This weeks meal plan takes advantage of any day on the weekend that may be rainy, snowy or any other weather condition that makes it miserable to go outside! There are so many good comfort foods that need time to cook and taste DELICIOUS after they have been sitting for a day or two in the fridge.
Below are some of my favorite dishes when I have the opportunity to stay inside & cook. If you try any of them, let me know how you liked them. P.S. some of these dishes make enough for leftovers - which means you can pack up a few lunches for the week! If you try any of the recipes, please let me know how it went! Follow my blog on bloglovin.
1) Veggie Lasagna. Increase your veggie intake with this tasty & easy vegetarian lasagna. Who said healthy eating isn't delicious? No one - ever! Click here for the recipe.
2) Beef Stew in the Crock Pot. You can limit the amount of meat in this stew by adding portobella mushrooms. Portobella mushrooms give a rich texture to stews which will mean no one will notice there is less meat. This recipe calls for 2 pounds of meat. I would cut it down to 1 pound and add in 1 pound of portobella mushrooms. Click here for the recipe.
3) Chicken Broccoli & Rice casserole. Usually, this recipe contains a canned soup of some kind and lots of cheese. I found a healthier version of this classic and easy casserole. Instead of using canned soup, it uses milk and cornstarch. If you cannot digest milk, like myself, substitute an unsweetened nut milk. Click here for the recipe.
4) Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Quinoa. I love zucchini boats because they can be vegetarian, like this recipe, or you can add meat - such as ground turkey or chicken. Click here for the vegetarian recipe.
5) Half-roasted chicken. What I love about a half roasted chicken is one half can feed two people! I prefer wings & legs while my significant other prefers breasts & thighs. Pair this with two veggies like broccoli and green beans to keep the meal low-carb. Click here for the recipe.
I hope this blog post inspires you to plan your meals for the week. If you try any of the recipes, please let me know how it went! Follow my blog on Bloglovin.